Ok I admit it – I am a DMARC advocate, evangelist and all round believer in this standard.
Key takeaway – DMARC protocol is FREE and you can implement DMARC whilst you do a review for the best email cloud security/filtering platform – they are independent of each other.
Scenario – I’m at dinner with friends:
- Me: “Yeah, I work in cyber security”
- Friend: “Maybe you can help – we have subscribed to O365, and also use xxxxxx for email cloud filtering but we’re still receiving fake emails that use our own domain.
- Me: Have you implemented DMARC to reject mode ?
- Friend: “What’s DMARC ??”
Across the 30 odd years I’ve been in IT – 3 keys concepts I truly believe in:
- Standardisation – it doesn’t matter what flavour of OS, hardware or software that you use – just pick one and stick with it. Leverage all features.
- Cloud – the adoption of cloud didn’t come without its own issues, but done properly, cloud adoption adds to an organisation’s bottom line !
- DMARC – two major digital entry paths into an organisation – port 80 and email. DMARC fixes a number of issues with the technology of email and hands back control of your email domains back to you, the domain owner.
Specifically on email, organisations spend an enormous amount of resource to protect this space but in many cases fail miserably. Every time I read about a data breach, I quickly scan that organisation for an SPF or DMARC record only to find that I’m shocked at the lack of basic 101 email domain security. Yes, if your organisation doesn’t have an SPF or DMARC record, eventually you will be scammed.
No need for expensive cloud based email security gateways ? – Obviously there’s a caveat with that statement – using an analogy, firstly lock your doors and close your windows before looking to acquire a security guard to sit at your front door. In other words, implement the email service completely by creating an SPF , DKIM and DMARC records are part of that implementation. Subsequently, or in parallel, review services from providers such as Cisco, Mimecast, McAfee, Symantec etc for key features such as email AV filtering amongst others.
Below are important links for either Gmail for business or O365 subscribers.
- Gmail for business users :Enhance security for forged spam (DMARC) https://support.google.com/a/answer/2466580?hl=en&ref_topic=2759254
- O365 – Use DMARC to validate email – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/use-dmarc-to-validate-email
- Other – check the dmarcian channel on youtube for more information – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDx8T1JqKRJrlF6_yDGiG7w
Most if not all email filtering appliances or cloud services are DMARC compliant. In other words, if your organisation implements DMARC, you can leverage this protocol when you subscribe to an email filtering service and eventually REJECT fake emails that use your domain both
inbound towards your employees oroutbound towards your customers and vendors.
It’s a simple process.
By Con Lokos
81 thoughts on “Gmail for Business and O365 users – DMARC is free !!”
Pingback: Buy Singulair (Montelukast) 10mg, 5mg, 4mg - Best Offers
Pingback: buy methotrexate uk
Pingback: neurontin 300mg
Pingback: order zetia no prescription
Pingback: etodolac 400mg
Pingback: inderal tablets used
Pingback: lamictal cheap
Pingback: buy metoclopramide 2023
Pingback: buy trileptal 2023
Pingback: is exelon corp a good buy
Pingback: can you buy benadryl under 18
Pingback: buy tizanidine 4mg
Pingback: buy ventolin machine
Pingback: colchicine tablets 500 mcg
Pingback: nitrofurantoin 50mg
Pingback: generic phenytoin
Pingback: buy diltiazem hydrochloride 2 cream
Pingback: diclofenac-uno-ratiopharm retard tabletta
Pingback: meclizine price
Pingback: buy naltrexone hydrochloride 2023
Pingback: actos 30mg
Pingback: cheap prednisone
Pingback: alendronate prices
Pingback: olanzapine 2023
Pingback: cheap generic requip
Pingback: buy bentyl 2023
Pingback: buy nizoral 2 shampoo online
Pingback: fluoxetine price
Pingback: dulcolax tablete uputstvo za upotrebu
Pingback: prochlorperazine price
Pingback: lipitor buy no prescription
Pingback: buy elavil dogs
Pingback: buy levetiracetam online
Pingback: buy diclofenac injection
Pingback: pentoxifylline generic
Pingback: furosemide generic
Pingback: cheap generic topamax
Pingback: can you buy orlistat online
Pingback: zyrtec cheap buy
Pingback: buy zantac australia
Pingback: dexamethasone sleeping pills
Pingback: zofran sale
Pingback: lopressor price
Pingback: buy clomid tamoxifen
Pingback: cefdinir price
Pingback: buy premarin cream online
Pingback: reglan generic
Pingback: ibuprofen price
Pingback: buy losartan online
Pingback: methocarbamol online
Pingback: minipress prazosin tablets
Pingback: order depakote
Pingback: buy tizanidine
Pingback: buy medrol
Pingback: buy lasix 2023
Pingback: celebrex tablets what are they for
Pingback: pyridium buy online
Pingback: buy imitrex sumatriptan
Pingback: generic prednisolone
Pingback: buy clonidine online
Pingback: buy allegra no prescription
Pingback: cheap amlodipine
Pingback: zyprexa online
Pingback: buspar for sale
Pingback: buy toradol injection online
Pingback: discount januvia canada
Pingback: buy nexium capsules online
Pingback: dimenhydrinate price
Pingback: propecia buy nz
Pingback: buy promethazine codeine online no prescription
Pingback: cheap tamsulosin
Pingback: buy tegretol xr
Pingback: buy cheap aricept
Pingback: buy haloperidol 2023
Pingback: lisinopril online
Pingback: buy omeprazole over the counter
Pingback: cheap depo provera
Pingback: buy allopurinol canada
Pingback: ventolin hfa for sale
Pingback: clonidine yellow pill
Pingback: buy claritin d 24 hour
Comments are closed.